Thursday, February 11, 2010

You're in My Spot

So let's talk parking spots.  I've been at my job for oh, 13 years.  That's a long time.  And during that entire time, I've been parking in either the 2nd or 3rd spot, depending on what time I arrive.  Another coworker parks in the 2nd or 3rd spot as well, depending on who gets there first.  It's the way it's been for years.  Years, people.  Now all of a sudden during the last couple of months, there has been an intruder.  Now this is not a new employee.  She's been working there a pretty long time.  Except now she has decided that she wants to be closer to the door. 

Now, rationally speaking, I know we don't have "assigned spots."  Technically, it's first come, first park.  But.  There's just an unspoken kind of rule, you know what I mean?  What makes a person all of a sudden decide, "Hmmm.  I think I'll park here instead?" (even though you just know it's someone else's unofficial spot). 



So, this morning, I woke up 10 minutes earlier so I could get to work before the parking spot offender. Since it would make me look like a total asshole to say anything, I figure my options are:


1.) wake up 10 minutes earlier so I can get here before her and be happy

2.) sleep those extra 10 minutes and arrive at work to find her car in "my" spot, which leads to:

            a.) ultra crabbiness that lasts the majority of the day

            b.) me ramming her car with mine, which leads to:

                    1.) possible arrest

                    2.) damaged vehichles

                    3.) increased insurance premiums


I'm going with option 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment