Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Do Not Read List

Short post because I have a lot to do tonight, but just wanted to comment on two books that have officially made my "Do Not Read List." 

First up is The Superior Wife Syndrome.  Do me a favor, ladies.  Google this book and then read the excerpt.  I was excited to read this book.  I thought it would do me some good--some straight up healing.  You know, divorces and all can make you question the entire population of MEN, especially when your ex-husband bluntly says in counseling, "Yeah, I just want to sit on my ass and drink beer and watch TV."  Anyway, I can't stress enought just how excited I was to read this book.  Until I read the first chapter.  And then I was just pissed off and started picking fights with Country.  Back to the library it went.

Second is Fast Food Nation.  Sometimes I think ignorance really is bliss.  The very little that I read of this book disturbed me so much that I actually thought about giving up meat.  And then I was bitch slapped and snapped out of it. 

Ahhhh, Mother Nature is flirting with us here in Illinois.  It's been in the low 60's the past couple of days.  You know how that goes.  We'll probably have a foot of snow by Saturday.

Hope your week is going well and you've felt the sunshine on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment