Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all

I've been really lazy about posting lately.  Life and leaves (oh yes, my 100+ year old trees are dropping them so quickly it's hard to keep up) have gotten in the way.

So, every year I throw a big fall party called Happy Fall Y'all.  I spend hours decorating, cleaning, and getting ready for this shindig and boy, do I look forward to it every year.  I invite all kinds of people, have hay bales and tractor rides, caramel apple martinis, a chili dump, stuffing, and fun music. 

The "bar" before the party started:

Caramel Apple Martinis. Yum!

Boss Lady down by the bonfire.

Brother #1 and his good friend Mr. Music.

An old Girl Scout friend, her mother and my mom & I.

Fun around the bonfire.

A dear friend of mine.

Sister in love and my dad.

Mr. Music entertaining everyone around the fire.

Me and Country.

Fun around the fire.

Dance Party U.S.A. in the garage.

Overall, the party went well. I think most people had a really good time. But then the drama started.  Important lesson learned; people will disappoint you from time to time and you just have to keep your head held high and "rise above it." 


No comments:

Post a Comment